Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ask the Headhunter


Dear “O Great Headhunter of Headhunters”,

I really need your help. I am having a huge fight with my parents regarding my nose ring. I am going to be graduating from college in a few weeks and I have an upcoming interview for a role in a regional accounting firm. My parents are insisting that I take the ring out, I believe that I have to be who I am and should keep it in. What do you say?

Signed,

IamwhoIam.


Dear Iam,

I wish this was a tough one, but it is not. Unless the accounting company your interviewing has a specific clientele that would share your love of body jewelry, I say you have to take it out. The reality is that you have to consider every interview a competitive situation. Usually there are at least 3 to 5 people interviewing for the role and all of them want to beat you. In addition, regardless of your feelings about the nose ring, you have to consider what the person hiring might think . They are also going to be sending you out to meet and help their clients. This is definitely the time to use good judgement. Take it out, do a great job and then decide if you can add the accessory later, after you prove your worth!

Headhunter of Headhunter has spoken…..





Tom Johnston is the headhunter that headhunters seek to find talent for their firms. He is the CEO of SearchPath and has more than 18 years of experience in franchising, search and recruitment, and office development. Tom is recognized as a leader and authority in the executive search industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment