Thursday, May 25, 2017

Ask the Headhunter


Dear Headhunter,

I have a what people call a man bun. I have rocked it all throughout college and I just graduated. I have a job interview next week and I am not sure if it is appropriate to wear up or let it down. Keep in mind my hair is pretty long. 

What say you oh great headhunter?



You are not going to like my answer....get a haircut! 

Chances are several candidates are interviewing for the same position as you and hiring personnel are looking for reasons to eliminate you from your competition. With more traditional positions in law firms, accounting, and sales, you will want to be sure you do get that haircut and are clean shaven. Unless you are interviewing for a tech company as a graphic design artist and know the company culture, don't take the risk. 

As I have said before, once you are hired it may be appropriate to grow it back out. You never really know what the company policy is on these things until you land the job. Don't take anything for granted. Hair grows back, it is not the end of the world.





Tom Johnston is the headhunter that headhunters seek to find talent for their firms. He is the CEO of SearchPath and has more than 18 years of experience in franchising, search and recruitment, and office development. Tom is recognized as a leader and authority in the executive search industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment